[Iccrg] Meeting agenda (really! :-) )

S. Keshav keshav at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 12 15:03:53 BST 2006

Michael,

>  For this,
> we could also use a document which doesn't arrive at any
> conclusions at all but just presents a overview:
> http://www.welzl.at/research/publications/GFD.55.pdf
>
> ... but repeating this effort seems to be a waste of time to
> me, no matter if we agree with the conclusions made in one
> of these documents or not.

I agree that we don't need another survey! However, as one of the
authors of this survey, would you say that there are general
principles that you can state? A discussion on these in this list,
and in person during PFLD, would be very useful.

Looking forward, I think that the goal of this discussion would be to
use agreed-upon general principles to narrow down the field of
potential schemes/mechanisms to consider for a next-generation
congestion control mechanism. In particular, given that Linux/
Microsoft are well on their way to making some schemes de facto
solutions, if we find that these schemes violate agreed-upon
principles, then we should raise this objection with due urgency.

thanks
keshav