[Iccrg] draft-irtf-iccrg-cc-rfcs-00.txt

Lachlan Andrew lachlan.andrew at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 18:33:52 BST 2006

Greetings Michael,

On a brief reading, this overview looks very helpful, especially to
people like me who know very little of the RFC literature.  (Others
who know that literature better may be able to comment on what if
anything is missing.)

It may be useful to expand section 3.  At least mentioning RFC 2001
would seem reasonable.  Also, even an un-annotated list of subsequent
congestion-related RFCs would be useful.  References to the IETF
schemes you mention (HS-TCP, H-TCP, limited slow start) would be
appropriate, especially those like H-TCP which are not mentioned in
RFC 4614.  There is also a case for including references to the
non-IETF schemes (FAST, BIC/CUBIC, STCP); it could be argued that if
they're worth mentioning, they're worth citing.

$0.02
Lachlan

--
Lachlan Andrew  Dept of Computer Science, Caltech
1200 E California Blvd, Mail Code 256-80, Pasadena CA 91125, USA