[Iccrg] draft-irtf-iccrg-cc-rfcs-00.txt

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Tue Oct 24 07:56:00 BST 2006

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 19:34, Lachlan Andrew wrote:
> Greetings Michael,
>
> On a brief reading, this overview looks very helpful, especially to
> people like me who know very little of the RFC literature.  (Others
> who know that literature better may be able to comment on what if
> anything is missing.)

Great to hear that! And yep, others *should* comment if
anything is missing - folks, please take a look!

> It may be useful to expand section 3.  At least mentioning RFC 2001
> would seem reasonable.  Also, even an un-annotated list of subsequent

Agreed - Wesley, let's do this in our next update.

> congestion-related RFCs would be useful.  References to the IETF
> schemes you mention (HS-TCP, H-TCP, limited slow start) would be
> appropriate, especially those like H-TCP which are not mentioned in
> RFC 4614.  There is also a case for including references to the

We didn't include an IETF reference for H-TCP because it's
just a draft, and we decided to exclude drafts for now.

> non-IETF schemes (FAST, BIC/CUBIC, STCP); it could be argued that if
> they're worth mentioning, they're worth citing.

... or remove them altogether  :)   Not 100% sure what's the
better choice here... citing them makes sense, but then again,
why cite only mechanisms 1-4 and not 5-8? I'm not sure I want
to go down that road... a solution might be to cite an overview
from our bibliography and avoid mentioning names of mechanisms.

What do the others think?

Cheers,
Michael