[Iccrg] LT-TCP followup

Dirceu Cavendish dirceu_cavendish at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 18:47:56 BST 2007

The problem with ECN is that, as in any router assisted CC solution, it requires an all routers' support. If a single router is not ECN enabled, little can be guaranteed about CC's performance.
Of course, any ECN solution in a mix path environment should perform at least as well as when there is no ECN router support at all in the session path. That is why I am more infavor of CC schemes with implicit CC info, not explicit. I believe it is possible to differentiate between (b) and (c) cases below with implicit feedback information...

Dirceu