[Iccrg] benchmarking new tcp congestion control algorithms

Lars Eggert lars.eggert at nokia.com
Mon Mar 12 09:06:08 GMT 2007

On 2007-3-9, at 22:46, ext Mark Allman wrote:
> (3) The test scenarios need not be completely static.  That is, the
> RTTs
>     / cross traffic / packet corruption rate / reordering / whatever
>     should probably be varied randomly (with a number of trials of
>     course).

I had this halfbaked idea of looking at randomized topologies for
protocol evaluation as picking points in one large multidimensional
parameter space. There are some math techniques for finding the
interesting points in such a parameter space, but you'd need the
hardware to run a LOT of ns2 experiments in parallel. I wonder if
DETER has spare capacity?

And the danger remains that for any given proposal, the interesting
stuff happens outside of the chosen parameter space...

Lars