[Iccrg] Re:

Sally Floyd sallyfloyd at mac.com
Tue Nov 6 22:02:06 GMT 2007

Saverio -

> what do you mean by "different level of congestion"?

Include "uncongested" scenarios, e.g., with low levels
of link utilization.  And include highly "congested" scenarios,
with high levels of link utilization and a range of packet
dropping and/or marking rates.

With the "different levels of congestion" produced by
scenarios with different levels of traffic.  E.g., the number
of web sessions started each second, the number of
long-lived flows, etc.

I don't have a proposal for a single metric that captures
the "level of congestion" in congested and uncongested
scenarios, however.  (It is not clear to me that we need one.)

- Sally