[Iccrg] (no subject)

Saverio Mascolo mascolo at poliba.it
Tue Nov 6 11:02:32 GMT 2007

what do you mean by "different level of congestion"?
sm

On 11/6/07, Sally Floyd <sallyfloyd at mac.com> wrote:
  > - The rise time of a single flow to an empty systems is not very
  > interesting, because it many measures the impact of slow start.

  Actually, the flow completion time in an uncongested system can be
  a quite interesting thing to measure, particularly if one is
  evaluating one of the many proposals for start-ups faster than
  slow-start.  (One of these proposals is Quick-Start, RFC 4782; some
  of the others are discussed in Appendix A of RFC 4782.)

  I would recommend having scenarios include the case of a
  generally-uncongested link, as well as including cases with various
  levels of congestion, with metrics including per-flow transfer
  times, fairness, and aggregate packet drop rates.  This should
  illustrate some of the good and potentially-bad aspects of protocols
  with fast start-ups.

  - Sally
  http://www.icir.org/floyd/

  RFC 4782:  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4782.txt