[Iccrg] Experimental congestion control proposal evaluation procedure

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Tue Sep 4 14:26:24 BST 2007

Dear all,

We found that, by only following the procedure in
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions/drafts/ion-tsv-alt-cc.txt
but no further rules, it is not ensured that everyone is
in the loop as drafts are submitted to us for evaluation.

We therefore follow the below procedure from now on (i.e.
this doesn't affect the two proposals that we already
have on our table - btw, we're still hoping to get
volunteers for evaluating CUBIC!). This procedure is
now also on the ICCRG web site.

Cheers,
Michael

---

(1) The authors submit an independent I-D.

(2) The authors explicitly tell the TCPM WG and the TCPM co-chairs [*]
        that they'd like their I-D to become a work item and eventually
        an experimental RFC.

        [*] Could perhaps be TSVWG if this is not a TCP scheme (e.g.,
        XCP).

(3) The TCPM co-chairs send an email to the ICCRG co-chairs requesting
        that the ICCRG perform a safety review of the document.

(4) The ICCRG chairs mobilize the RG in whatever way they deem useful,
        get the reviews and return them to TCPM at the end of some
        review period.