[Iccrg] Heresy following "TCP: Train-wreck"

Dirceu Cavendish dirceu_cavendish at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 23:55:07 BST 2008

Dear Bob,

Let me state one thing clearly, first of all. I am NOT disagreeing that flow rate equality as a fairness criterion has its problems. So, you do not have to be defensive, as your last paragraph below.

Second, about routing, I think you were the one who did not captured what I wanted to say - communication is always a two way process, so I take the blame as well. I understand that multiple sessions do not require diverse routes in order to "confuse" routers, so as to defeat some fairness scheme. However, one may imagine that, the same way the router of application "attachment" is able to correlate multiple session into a single application - as one of your papers mention, a core router might be able to do it, provided that all sessions follow the same path. When that is not the case, then the situation is REALLY hopeless...That is what I meant.

I believe we are in violent agreement, overall :-)...

Dirceu