[Iccrg] Preliminary agenda for the next meeting

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Fri Feb 1 03:51:38 GMT 2008

Dear all,

Here's the first version of the agenda for our next
meeting (Manchester, with Pfldnet 2008:
http://www.hep.man.ac.uk/PFLDnet2008/  - this is
the page to check for all logistics details).

>From the input that I got, it is now clear that this
meeting will only take a day, and that day will be
Wednesday, the 5th of March. The PFLDNet reception
will take place on the same day, after our meeting.

The ICCRG meeting agenda is below and also at
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/Agenda08

09:00 - 09:15 Michael Welzl: Welcome and agenda bashing
09:15 - 10:15 Volker Hilt: SIP overload control
10:15 - 10:45 Dimitri Papadimitriou: Open research issues in Internet
congestion control
10:45 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 12:00 Discussion of open issues in Internet congestion control
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 13:30 Injong Rhee: CUBIC
13:30 - 14:00 Doug Leith: CTCP evaluation results
14:00 - 14:30 Lachlan Andrew: Getting more information from ECN bits
15:15 - 15:30 Break
15:30 - 16:30 Open discussion about future work

---

Some explanations / comments from my side:

(as Lars also pointed out to me, but that's a 100% match
with my personal opinion) - the congestion control community
should not be stuck with TCP all the time; we really should
try to look over the fence and see where else congestion
control is needed. This is a part of the role that the
"open issues in Internet CC." draft (which Dimitri
will present) can take, and Volker Hilt's talk fits in
there just perfectly.

This is why we have the long slot about discussing open
issues. We could use it to take another look at the
open issues we already identified previously, and Lars
offered to present some open issues in cc. from elsewhere
in the IETF, which would also fit in that time slot.

CUBIC, in the afternoon, is about the current state of
the draft. Injong (or a colleague - he wasn't sure if
he'll come himself, but somebody will definitely be there)
should present the draft, comments he got, and how he
intends to address them.

Let me know if you have any comments - and, as you
can tell, there would still be some time to squeeze
in a short talk or two in the afternoon, if somebody
wants to. The open discussion doesn't have to be that
long (do we need it at all? I just put it there in
case we want to go on discussing things...), and we
could end slightly later (although not a lot).

--------

PARTICIPATION:

If your name is not on the agenda, and you would to
participate (and your name is not Filipe or Lars  :-)
because these are the two that I already know about),
drop me a line so I can put you on the list.

Cheers,
Michael