[Iccrg] Best congestion avoidance algorithm

Lars Eggert lars.eggert at nokia.com
Wed Jul 9 07:40:53 BST 2008

Hi,

On 2008-7-8, at 20:26, ext adam maxiaodong wrote:
> In my test, vegas doesn't perform better than others, but I guess
> vegas will
> perform better when network path has long queuing.  hope this help!

if you haven't done so, I highly recommend Alejandro and you take a
look at RFC 5166 ("Metrics for the Evaluation of Congestion Control
Mechanisms").

Throughput is one important metric to look at (Section 2.1.1), but
there are many others that are equally important. Picking a congestion
control algorithm only on the basis of achievable throughput is
missing the bigger issues, such as fairness.

Lars