[Iccrg] Meeting details

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Mon Mar 3 10:05:11 GMT 2008

Dear all,

Here are some more details about the forthcoming ICCRG meeting.
I delayed this message a bit because I offered to Bob to
give a talk and wanted to include it here in case he agrees,
but I can't wait forever... if Bob agrees to give a talk,
we will just add it at the very end of the day. Except for this
detail, the agenda at
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/Agenda08
is finalized.

LOGISTICS:
==========

The meeting will be held at:

University of Manchester
School of Physics and Astronomy (Schuster Building)
Brunswick Street
Manchester. M13 9PL

on Wednesday 5th March 2008

Seminar Room, 3rd Floor of the Schuster Building

The meeting web page is at
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/Agenda08

The University campus map can be found

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/visitors/travel/maps/.

Schuster Building is No. 54 on the map.

If you are arriving in Manchester by train taxis from
Piccadilly are very frequent and will cost around £5.00.
Taxis are also available for those travelling from
Manchester Airport at a cost of approximately £20.

REGISTRATION:
=============

In addition to the speakers in the agenda, the following
people told me that they will attend the meeting:

Filipe Abrantes
João Araújo
Lars Eggert
Michael Scharf
Yehia El Khatib
Tom Petch
Bob Briscoe
Anrnaud Jacquet

If you want to come and can't find your name in this list
or the agenda, please send an email to Anne Morrow
<anne.morrow at manchester.ac.uk> and myself. If you forget
to do this and just show up, that will still be okay but
you won't have a name badge.

STREAMING:
==========

A live video/audio feed will be available.

1.  Open browser and go to the following URL:
http://mcu3.es.net

Ignore sign in name, conference id, pin and stream rate

2. Click on
    "Click here to log in"
    Username: guest

3  Under "User Options" Click on
    View conference list

4. Click on
    7353638

   (this number should be in the list at the time of our meeting -
    if it isn't, stay tuned for messages on the list...)

Some people may have to install Real Player and Quick Player. In a
test that I made with the people on site, Real Player got caught
in a constant-buffering mode, but Quicktime worked for me... you
have a choice on the website, so just try which one works best
for you.

Looking forward to seeing (some of) you in Manchester!
Have a good trip,

Cheers,
Michael