[Iccrg] SSDT Scope - summary

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Mon Mar 31 07:10:10 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 15:10 -0700, Dirceu Cavendish wrote:
> Lachlan,
>
> I've parsed your reference. I guess your focus is on "application
> constrained/idle" scenario.
> Of course, in this case, there is no ambiguity about RTO causes...

... and the unknown cause is a problem that I have with
the idea of, say, quadrupling after an RTO, based on the
reasoning that we have an idea of the BDP.

I think that, after an RTO, the assumption is that we have
no idea about anything in the network anymore. FWIW, it could
have been caused by a path change

Cheers,
Michael

PS: Dirceu - I agree about the proposed scope in your previous message