[Iccrg] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-iccrg-welzl-congestion-control-open-research-01.tx t

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Wed May 28 13:15:11 BST 2008

hi all,

terribly sorry for being silent for such a long time - i actually
took a holiday!  :-)

since i'm trying to catch up - if you need me to comment on anything
particular, let me know, otherwise i'll just monitor the discussion
as it proceeds...

for this:

> Can anyone recommend relevant references other than [1]?
>
> Michael
>

> [1] T. Moors: "A critical review of "End-to-end arguments in system
> design"", Proc. International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2002

yes, i can. there's a (IMO) great discussion of the e2e argument in
the Joe Touch / James Sterbenz book:
"High-Speed Networking: A Systematic Approach to High-Bandwidth Low
Latency Communication"
Wiley, 2001

David Reed also has some things on his website, at
http://www.reed.com/dpr/ under "papers" and "thoughts",
respectively

cheers
michael