[Iccrg] Re: [IRSG] AD review: draft-irtf-iccrg-welzl-congestion-control-open-research-07

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jul 16 23:16:49 BST 2010

Dear ICCRG,

draft-irtf-iccrg-welzl-congestion-control-open-research-07:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-iccrg-welzl-congestion-control-open-research-07
is now in one of the last phases before RFC publication. One
issue that needs to be addressed is:

(from Lars Eggert):

> Section 1., paragraph 1:
>>   This document, result of the ICCRG Research Group, describes some
>>   of the open research topics in the domain of Internet congestion
>>   control that are known today.
>
>  The introduction does not adequately describe what level of consensus
>  and review this document has received in the ICCRG. See RFC5743
>  Section 2.1.

Our intention is to change this text to:

"This document represents the consensus of the ICCRG."

but I want to make sure that noone has a problem with this.

Given that this has been on our agenda for a long time now, and
received a lot of support from the group, via emails and meetings,
I think it's probably acceptable to go for a very short deadline here:
If you don't agree with this consensus, please say so by
the end of next week, i.e. before the meeting.

Thanks,

cheers,
Michael