[Iccrg] ECN in TCP and CWND

Ingemar Johansson S ingemar.s.johansson at ericsson.com
Mon Aug 1 18:13:15 BST 2011

Hi

I am digging in an experimental ECN for TCP implemementation. It is supposed to be implemented according to RFC3168.

As I understand things "TCP should not react to congestion indications more than once every window of data" (6.1.3 in RFC3168)
Sofar so good, sounds very reasonable.
But what about CWND?, should it be allowed to increase during this time?.

To me it sounds most reasonable to _not_ allow the CWND to increase during the time that congestion indications are ingored but the code I am staring at does not behave in this way.

What is the correct behavior ?

Regards
Ingemar
=================================