[Iccrg] Re: [tmrg] Fwd: An aggression metric?

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jul 14 11:37:27 BST 2011

Hi,

Thanks, I think that's going in the right direction!

A disadvantage of your proposed measure is that it's maybe too fine
grained to be practical. v = K.sqrt(p)/R is still a function of p and
R, whereas what I proposed before is a number, or a number range based
on a benchmark test, leading to a simple statement like "the
aggression of this mechanism is between X and Y".

Of course, with a generic statement like that, you lose some
information, i.e. the function gives you a more precise notion of
"aggression"...

What do we need? What do others think?  :-)

Michael