[Iccrg] Can TCP stay in slow start 'for ever'?

Bob Briscoe bob.briscoe at bt.com
Fri Sep 9 15:56:38 BST 2011

Tim,

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for. I knew of RFC2861,
but only remembered the restart after idle part. I hadn't realised it
also covered non-idle but app-limited periods. The algo looks reasonable.

Yes, I would still be interested in whether anyone knows the
implementation status of RFC2861.

Bob