[Iccrg] About the state of MulTFRC

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Sat Jul 28 04:30:01 BST 2012

Hi,

It's ages since the last time I posted something about MulTFRC ( http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~michawe/research/projects/multfrc/index.html
  ) here.

So I thought I'd send this message, to tell you all that we're still
on the case. The situation is - we got reviews, addressed all
comments, EXCEPT for the request to come up with a good fixed point
version of our algorithm. Note that the current draft can be
implemented and used whenever floats are available (normally in user-
space).

Developing a fixed point version has turned out to be
muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch harder than we thought. We're still working on it
(right now I have a master student who is looking into this), but it
just takes it time.

Cheers,
Michael