[Iccrg] About the state of MulTFRC

Emmanuel Lochin emmanuel.lochin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 11:05:09 BST 2012

Hi Michael,

I read some comments concerning the complexity of the computation. For
the sake of decreasing TFRC computational complexity, note that
Guillaume Jourjon simply proposed a Newton algorithm to initialize the
loss history structure. Compared to the standard implementation you
could find in FreeBSD, the proposed method halves the # of iterations
in the worst case scenario : see http://oatao.univ-toulouse.fr/211/
for details. This does not solve everything but at least this is an
improvement :)

Cheers,

Emmanuel