[Iccrg] On using up-to-date TCP code in simulations

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Tue Nov 6 19:45:15 GMT 2012

Hi,

A stupid question. Is there a simple way to run an up-to-date TCP
implementation in simulations?
I know that Linux-TCP ( http://netlab.caltech.edu/projects/ns2tcplinux/ns2linux/index.html
  ) has been used a lot in ns-2, but this page talks about
2.6something, and so does this: http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/Contributed_Code
  - it says that the code models TCP 2.6.16.3

According to:
http://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.12/models/html/tcp.html
ns-3 uses the Network Simulation Cradle: http://www.wand.net.nz/~stj2/nsc/status.html
and this page says FreeBSD version 5.3 and Linux 2.6.10 are supported.

All of that sounds hopelessly outdated?!  So maybe I'm missing
something... I hope I am! My question is just, is there a simple way
to get an up-to-date kernel implementation (Linux or FreeBSD) running
in a simulator?

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help out!

Cheers,
Michael