[Iccrg] On using up-to-date TCP code in simulations

Pasi Sarolahti pasi.sarolahti at iki.fi
Tue Nov 6 19:59:21 GMT 2012

On Nov 6, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Michael Welzl wrote:

> According to:
> http://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.12/models/html/tcp.html
> ns-3 uses the Network Simulation Cradle: http://www.wand.net.nz/~stj2/nsc/status.html
> and this page says FreeBSD version 5.3 and Linux 2.6.10 are supported.

I have been playing with Linux 2.6.26 in ns-3 simulation cradle and that worked pretty well, although there is upper bound of 50 NSC nodes per simulation. 2.6.26 was the latest version available at the time for NSC (at least year ago when I did this).

It would indeed be nice to have a more recent version supported with NSC.

- Pasi