[Nets-seminars] Extra talk in EE this friday 11am GS/302

Richard G. Clegg richard at richardclegg.org
Wed May 5 10:09:06 BST 2010

We have a guest lecturer from BT visiting the EE dept this Friday the
talk is open to all and will be in GS/302 from 11-12.

Title: What is Agile and how does it work in the industry.
Abstract:
In this lecture you will understand how to manage projects and
programmes in an agile world. We will cover the background to Agile
Methodology and how it works within a large organisation like BT in
particular gaining adoption, making the cultural change, key business
benefits and some Agile Myths.   We will discuss how to apply the agile
methodology to planning and delivery with user stories, sprints and
releases to help take innovative new services quickly to market.

Bio
Sandeep Raithatha, Technical Programme Manager at BT.
Experienced in taking innovative new products and services to market
using the Agile Methodology. Graduated from Aston University with a
computer science degree and since worked in a number of roles from hands
on software development to sales and programme management.  A passion
for new and emerging technology and its application to solve complex
business challenges..

Twitter - @sandeep_r
Blog – http://raithatha.mobi

--