[Nets-seminars] NSRL seminar today GS/302 16:00

Richard G. Clegg richard at richardclegg.org
Fri Sep 17 10:32:03 BST 2010

Our first seminar after the summer is Friday next week (17th September)
at 4:00 pm in GS/302.  Our speaker is Iain Phillips, head of department
for computing at Loughborough.

Revisiting variants of High Speed TCP Congestion Control
Iain Phillips and Talal Edwan

Computer Science, Loughborough University, UK

Abstract

In this talk we will present two new proposals for TCP congestion
control optimised for high-speed and long-delay links. The first is TCP
Illinois^n and the second TCP Gentle. The former comes from a
modification of the current TCP Illinois and the latter an improvement
on YeAH TCP. These have been designed and implemented at Loughborough
both in ns2 and in the Linux kernel (2.6.33). The talk will cover
theoretical underpinning, the design of the new protocols and some
initial results on performance analysis. The measured performance is
based on the standard definitions in RFC 5166.

You can find the rest of the schedule at
http://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/research/comminfosys/seminars/seminars
--
Richard G. Clegg,
Dept of Elec. Eng.,