[Nets-seminars] NSRL seminar, October 1st 4pm GS/302

Richard G. Clegg richard at richardclegg.org
Fri Sep 24 11:38:53 BST 2010

Our speaker for next friday is Dr Jeremy Bradley from DoC, Imperial
College.  See you all there.

Title: Scalable fluid analysis of large communication systems

Abstract: In the last few years performance analysis of large systems
modelled using behavioural stochastic processes has been transformed by
the use of so-called fluid or continuum techniques. Analysis that had
previously taken days or weeks is now feasible in seconds. I will
present a brief summary of this development and its impact on response
time and system scalability analysis. I will illustrate with some models
that we have developed showing potential dynamics of internet worm
infestations.

--
Richard G. Clegg,
Dept of Elec. Eng.,