[Sensors] Mote testbeds

Dima Diall dimadiall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:11:18 BST 2005

Hello all:

I had this unfinished message in my drafts since August due to lack of
time near the end of the final project. It was intended to be a
follow-up to the (first?) "UCL-CS Motes Meeting", sponsored by Steve
Hailes (in late July)... I'll just finish it off with what I still
remember, regarding the department's plan to set up a mote testbed.

I think the first approach was the "ceiling array" at Berkeley:
https://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-help/2005-July/010708.html

Furthermore, in the last TinyOS Technology Exchange Mote four projects
related to testbed deployment and management were presented. Links are
provided on the TTX II page (search under the heading "Embedded
Wireless Networking Testbeds"):
http://www.tinyos.net/ttx-02-2005/

There also is a working group on TinyOS testbeds but with very little
activity so far:
http://www.tinyos.net/scoop/special/working_group_tinyos_testbed

At the time when I started this I had more details, but it has
vanished by now ;-)
--
/dima, http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/students/d.diall/