[Sensors] Mote testbeds

Adam Greenhalgh a.greenhalgh at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Sep 18 20:48:33 BST 2005

Interestingly it would seem that all test beds in the presenstations
linked from here use ethernet as the control channel. They also seem
to use a separate power controller. I don't think we can do this with
the setup in the current building, we have no ceiling voids to put
things like power in. I think PoE might have to be our answer.

Looking at PoE solutions I think we probably are going to need a mix
of a large 24 port PoE switch and some smaller desk mounted PoE
switches to give us flexibility.

Adam