[Sumover-dev] #66: common compile on 64-bit linux trunk revision 3990

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Sun Jun 3 23:49:00 BST 2007

Hi Piers

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 20:10 +0100, Piers O'Hanlon wrote:
> Hi Lassi,
>
> Thanks for pointing out the problem - Doug Kosovic submitted a patch a
> few weeks ago which is in testing (I'm currently on leave till
> wednesday) - I will commit it later this week.
> But as you mentioned one just needs to not include the inet_ntop from common.
>
> Piers

Along with the ntop patch there are a few other 64 bit patches that will
need to be applied.

On x86-64 Fedora 7, vic and rat crash with the following error message
just after startup:
 *** stack smashing detected ***
FreeBSD ports has suitable patch for libcommon's qfDES.c which fixes the
stack smashing by using uint32_t instead of `unsigned long', download
patch from here:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/uclmmbase/files/patch-word

The other attached patch fixes these 64bit issues:
- configure/configure.in now works on x86-64 Fedora 7
- add lib64 X11R6 dirs to configure.in.x11
- changed int to long in a few debug messages due to precision loss
syntax errors

Thanks,
Doug