[Sumover-dev] Re: Compiling VIC in Visual Studio 8 (2005)

Anand R Setlur asetlur at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Mar 16 19:22:40 GMT 2007

Hello,
I successfully compiled VIC in both Visual Studio 8 and 7.1
In both cases, the captured video is not being rendered although the stats
are updating.

If however, I use the pre-compiled binary dated

21 Sept '06: vic-2.8ucl1.2.1 directly from the mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk website,
that works without a hitch.

I just get a blank window with no text in it after I enable Transmit video.
At the bottom I see the Menu,Switch,Help and Quit buttons but no video is
rendered on the top half with the version I compiled. With the official binary,
everything works fine.

Any ideas what I may be missing? Has anyone else run into such a situation?

Thanks in advance
Anand Setlur