[Sumover-dev] scalability

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Sat Jul 26 16:21:11 BST 2008

dear experts,

while i made some advertising for "accessgrid" on the IEFT list, ;)

brian carpenter ( IEFT WG co chair ) made an interesting statement
whitch i like to forward here.

>  The problem with Access Grid or the
> commercial alternatives is  the extreme
> difficulty of running an effective remote meeting with
> more than a very small number (4 or 5) of participating
> sites. So for a design team meeting it's fine, but for a
> WG meeting I think you'd be quite disappointed.

When i log on into an venue i see between 5 and 10 partizipants
so i really can´t tell about the scalability , but i think it would be
great to
have a mass or  multi  conferencing tool for IEFT meetings, for all
the participants
that could not attent to the meeting , but would have the change
to follow the discussions and slides on a venue.and it would safe CO2
emmisions aswell ;)

The programm i am using could scale up to 25 connected users
but i am not sure , what happent when more people connect.

Could someone tell me how much possible users could join a accessgrid/
vic/rat  conference ?

thanks for your time

regards

Marc