[Sumover-dev] Compile advice on windows xp

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Sep 17 00:09:43 BST 2008

Hi Lassi,

> I was wondering if there are sln/proj files for visual studio 2008 express
> on the works.

As VS 2008 Express is free from Microsoft and comes with C/C++ header files
(unlike VS 2005 Express), VS 2008 is probably an ideal version to target
sln/proj files for VIC and RAT.

Sorry I don't know if and VS 2008 sln/proj files are in the works.

> If not can i compile using 2005 express edition and what branch (mpeg4 ?).

I once used VS 2005 Pro with VIC, the original VS 2003 sln/proj files don't
get converted correctly and require lots of manual correction. Although I
did end up getting VIC working with VS 2005, I ended up installing VS 2003
Pro.

> Tried to convert those present in svn but failed.
>
> Do i need mingw setup and for what code ?

I think MinGW is only needed if you want to build the FFMPEG libraries.

> Right now i'm interested in looking into grabber-win32DS and related code.

Cheers,
Doug