[Sumover-dev] Re: Vic H264 compilation issues

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 23:39:21 GMT 2009

Hi Doug,

I think this is probably down to differences between different
versions of ffmpeg - it seems that the latest versions (which I was
using) of ffmpeg from svn (r17944 - r18038) no longer contain the
-enable-swscaler configure option (its isn't present in the configure
file) and swscaler is now built by default. However the ffmpeg-0.5
release does include the --enable-swscale configure option. Does that
help to explain the problem?

I think enable-swscale should probably be put back into configure as I
think the suggestion of using the 0.5 release is best as otherwise
we'll keep having to fix vic whenever ffmpeg changes.

It's shame that there's a problem with Xvideo and Xineramma - is there
any workaround? The performance without Xvideo on Linux is
dramatically worse above CIF resolutions - my dual CPU machine could
not keep up with a VGA resolution H264 stream when not using Xvideo,
however with it enabled it was able to comfortably decode up to
960x720....

Piers.