[Sumover-dev] Make vic compile and usable on OpenBSD

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Tue Jul 19 18:31:41 BST 2011

Hi,

attached a couple of patches to make vic compile and even run on OpenBSD, I hope its right here to send patches.
 Since NetBSD is supported, making it compile and run on OpenBSD was fairly straigth forward.

The patches are against svn mpeg4 branch, since I've seen there is the most development.
So far I only tried it on OpenBSD/i386.

With the patches, there is one to the Makefile.in. I had to link against the static libuclmmbase, instead of -luclmmbase. This I kind of hardcoded, but I think is is rather ugly.

Also later when linking, I gut unresolved symbols to a couple of X libraries. I hardcoded their names in the configure.in, maybe there is also a better way.

The patch to net/mbus_handler.cpp fixes a segfault on startup for me.

The rest of the patches should be fairly self explanatory.
I tested with two different uvideo (v4l2 based) webcams, and also an analog TV card.

cheers,
Sebastian