[Sumover-dev] Make vic compile and usable on OpenBSD
sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Wed Jul 20 08:18:32 BST 2011
On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 09:00 CEST, Douglas Kosovic <doug at uq.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
> The patch looks fine except for -luclmmbase being replaced with ../common/src/libuclmmbase.a for the linking. Did you have to do that because OpenBSD comes with an older system libuclmmbase.so (or .a) file?
thanks for your answer.
The reason for this ugly thing was because when it came to the linking state, gcc told me that it was unable to find -luclmmbase
I have seen a libuclmmbase.so.X in common/src/.libs/, but if I've seen it right, there was no -L../common/src/.libs/ parameter.
I was a bit unsure how to resolve it the right way, either point to the static archive, or put the -L somewhere.
I have another question regarding audio (I only tried to transmit video yet). Is vic implicitly using rat for that, or does it have own capabilities to capture and play audio?
Since to be able to share the audio device with other applications, it would need to be ported to use the OpenBSD sndio interface, instead of using oss for example.
I've seen rat has a auddev_oss.c, I guess I'd need to take a look into it, and create a auddev_sndio.[h|c].
Just wanted to make sure that I'm on the right track.
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: sumover-dev-bounces at cs.ucl.ac.uk [mailto:sumover-dev-
> > bounces at cs.ucl.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Sebastian Reitenbach
> > Sent: Wednesday, 20 July 2011 3:32 AM
> > To: sumover-dev at cs.ucl.ac.uk
> > Cc: vic at cs.ucl.ac.u
> > Subject: [Sumover-dev] Make vic compile and usable on OpenBSD
> > Hi,
> > attached a couple of patches to make vic compile and even run on OpenBSD,
> > I hope its right here to send patches.
> > Since NetBSD is supported, making it compile and run on OpenBSD was fairly
> > straigth forward.
> > The patches are against svn mpeg4 branch, since I've seen there is the most
> > development.
> > So far I only tried it on OpenBSD/i386.
> > With the patches, there is one to the Makefile.in. I had to link against the
> > static libuclmmbase, instead of -luclmmbase. This I kind of hardcoded, but I
> > think is is rather ugly.
> > Also later when linking, I gut unresolved symbols to a couple of X libraries. I
> > hardcoded their names in the configure.in, maybe there is also a better way.
> > The patch to net/mbus_handler.cpp fixes a segfault on startup for me.
> > The rest of the patches should be fairly self explanatory.
> > I tested with two different uvideo (v4l2 based) webcams, and also an analog
> > TV card.
> > cheers,
> > Sebastian
More information about the Sumover-dev