[Sumover-dev] add command line parameter to vic to allow define the local RTP port

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Tue Oct 4 18:11:45 BST 2011

Hi,

I want to (mis-) use vic for video conferencing via xmpp in Coccinella. Coccinella is a tcl/tk based xmpp client.
The xmpp clients exchange the connection parameters for the RTP stream via jingle. Each client can offer different ports for the RTP stream. Therefore I'd need to be able to tell vic which local RTP port to use, since it can be different than the RTP port the other party uses. I use the -r and -w parameter of vic, to embed the vic window in a coccinella window.

The patches attached add a parameter -p <localport> to the vic command line parameters.
Then in IPv4/6 connection the parameter is checked, if set, the defined local port is used, otherwise the behaviour is as before, using the same port as on the remote side, or fall back to a random port.
The patches are against svn revison 4909, tested on OpenBSD i386 with IPv4 using unicast communication.

So it works for me, but I'm not sure, whether there is a better place in the networking code, where this should be added.

I'd like if someone with more insight could comment on it, or say its all just bad or even fine.

cheers,
Sebastian