[Sumover-tech] RE: [AG-TECH] rat, usb and logitech, again

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Mon May 8 00:19:28 BST 2006

Hi Piers

At 08:21 PM 6/05/2006 +0100, Piers O'Hanlon wrote:
>Yes we made it back thanks!

Hope you had a great break :-)

>We've been looking at the issue you raised - It's not entirely
>straightforward as you're probably aware currently RAT only allows for
>selection of single devices that support both input and output.

Indeed.

>We'll
>take a look to see how much work it would be to allow for selection of
>seperate input and output devices.

That would be *excellent*, and I think crucial for the future of rat...

Would it be easier for a temporary solution to either remove the check for full-duplex (with its implications for some systems), or allow a rat process to only do one side of the problem on request (input or output)? At worst I could then run two rat instances... ugh. I suspect the mbus signalling could get confusing, although they'd be on different identifiers...

Thanks for looking into it!

Cheers,
        Markus