[Sumover-tech] question about NV , VIC, Rat and licences

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Mon Jul 16 10:56:18 BST 2007

dear all,

While i was researching for usefull code for my project,
i found a project called  "xcast"   <http://www.xcast.jp>

it uses VIC and RAT sources and some specific patches.

My question is , there seems to be a lot more restrictive licence in
" NV"

http://raidlab.cs.purdue.edu/cs641/tools/nv.htm

there is a remark in the source that says "research and evaluation
purposes"

When i would use  VIC and RAT  i just need to mention the autor/
university.

Could someone explain the difference between NV and VIC ?

thank you very much

regards

Marc

P.S. sorry if my question is  inappropriate or offtopic for this list.
--
" The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas,
   never  returns to its original size."

web: http://www.let.de
.local http://stattfernsehen.com