[Sumover-tech] question about NV , VIC, Rat and licences

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Mon Jul 16 17:20:09 BST 2007

hello Doug

thanks for your enlightening comments ;)

On Jul 16, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Douglas Kosovic wrote:
>> Could someone explain the difference between NV and VIC ?
>
> VIC is backwards compatible with NV, on the command-line you can use
> '-A nv" to use the variant of RTPv1 used by NV and
> '-f nv" to use NV's video codec.
>
> I'm guessing Xerox PARC's Network Video hasn't been maintained in
> years,
> unlike UCL vic.

so, i am guessing "NV" supposts just RTPv1 ? because its older ?

it seems like "VIC" is "ipv6" ready yet supports color aswell.

http://www.ikn.tuwien.ac.at/~ipv6/vic.htm

I am just currious that there are no such tools
that works " native " on any OS you just need

all that x11 or TCL/TK jazz........
is there anything that i can work on with xcode
on osx ?

cheers

Marc

--
    "Fragmentation is like classful addressing , an interesting early
    on while IP was being designed."

web: http://www.let.de
.local http://stattfernsehen.com