[Sumover-tech] Building Rat and Vic on OSX

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Thu Jul 19 18:42:05 BST 2007

thanks piers and doug,

for your advice after i pulled the files from  cvs and used this
commands:

svn co http://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/repos/mmedia/common/trunk common
svn co http://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/repos/mmedia/vic/branches/mpeg4
vic

(cd common; ./configure --enable-ipv6; make)
(cd vic; ./configure --enable-ipv6; make)

i have a bunch of files in my common directory
.cvsignore
common.dsw
config.guess
config.log
doc
examples
install.sh
Makefile
makefile.in

> There should be executables in the vic and rat directories - if so go
> in to the vic and rat directories and start the tools like this:
> ./vic address/port &
> ./rat address/port &
>
> Then you can play with then using their GUIs

but nothing named "vic " or rat" do i need to run "install" again ?

thanks again

Marc

--
They said it couldn't be done but sometimes it
doesn't work out that way.

web: http://www.let.de
.local http://stattfernsehen.com