[Sumover-tech] VICh264 & Device Microsoft DV Camera and VCR

Patcharee Basu yoo at soi.ne.jp
Fri Nov 14 04:32:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

First, my dv camera is Sony HDR HC1 NTSC

For mpeg4 codec, 30fps, 3Mbps
- small and normal size give distorted video
http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-normalsize-30fps-3Mpbs.bmp
http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-smallsize-30fps-3Mpbs.bmp

- only large size give normal video, the white lines appear every second
(more or less frequent) and the position changes
http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-large-30fps-3Mpbs-1.bmp
http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-large-30fps-3Mpbs-2.bmp

*Note, when choose large-size video, vic gave a warning "CIF grabber:
bad geometry - trying 411.
http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-warning-largesize.bmp

I tried h264, h261, h261as, same behavior with mpeg4

Best regards,
Patcharee