[Sumover-tech] VICh264 & Device Microsoft DV Camera and VCR

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 17 09:29:09 GMT 2008

Hi,

> First, my dv camera is Sony HDR HC1 NTSC
>
> For mpeg4 codec, 30fps, 3Mbps
> - small and normal size give distorted video
> http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-normalsize-30fps-3Mpbs.bmp
> http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-smallsize-30fps-3Mpbs.bmp
>
> - only large size give normal video, the white lines appear every second
> (more or less frequent) and the position changes
> http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-large-30fps-3Mpbs-1.bmp
> http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-large-30fps-3Mpbs-2.bmp
>
> *Note, when choose large-size video, vic gave a warning "CIF grabber: bad
> geometry - trying 411.
> http://sfc-cpu.ai3.net/~yoo/vicrat/h264test/pic/vic-mpeg4-warning-largesize.bmp
>
> I tried h264, h261, h261as, same behavior with mpeg4

It seems to only be an issue with YUV 4:1:1 480i DV streams, I'm not able to
reproduce the issue with YUV 4:2:0 576i DV streams.

Unfortunately I don't have access to any NTSC DV sources, but might get a
chance to borrow something later in the week (and see if I can debug the
issue using Microsoft DirectShow's GraphEdit).

Cheers,
Doug