[Iccrg] Draft Report - Study of Proposed Internet Congestion-Control Mechanisms

Kevin Mills (comcast) KevinMills at comcast.net
Thu Sep 10 15:14:42 BST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

On May 20, 2009, I briefed the ICCRG on NIST research related to modeling
and analysis of large distributed systems. Recall that as a challenge
problem we investigated several Internet congestion-control mechanisms
proposed to replace TCP. I attach our conclusions related to the
congestion-control algorithms that we studied. A more-or-less complete draft
of the study (including our supporting data and analysis) is now available
for public review and comments. If you have the time to look this over and
provide feedback, then I would appreciate it. Also, feel free to distribute
this information to others who you think might be interested.

Here is the URL:

http://www.antd.nist.gov/Measurement%20Science%20for%20Complex%20Information
%20Systems_files/ICC-study-Draft.htm

Kevin