[Sumover-dev] feedback and bug reports, where should they go?

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 16:56:28 BST 2007

Hi Doug,

> I'm going to post an email to the ag-tech mailing list about Fedora 7 AG
> RPMs being available (but will wait till Monday when I've also built the
> x86-64 RPMs) and that SVN snapshots from the SUMOVER Project are now
> used for vic and rat.

Sounds good - though we're hoping to do a release with ANL new version
of AG very soon - it may be worth waiting till then and we can release
a common version? Otherwise you can do preliminary release followed by
the ANL ones.

Are you going in include the GPL features in your releases?

> I want to include info on where to send comments, feedback and lodge bug
> reports, I'm not sure if comments/feedback should go to
> sumover-tech at cs.ucl.ac.uk and bugs should be lodged as tickets?

I think that we will use Trac for tickets and continue to use the
original maillists for bug reports and tools specific discussions
(rat-users at cs.ucl.ac.uk, rat-trap at cs.ucl.ac.uk and vic at cs.ucl.ac.uk),
whilst sumover-tech is for higher level stuff and project specific
stuff. I guess I'm thinking that the sumover project won't be around
for ever so maintaining the tools specific maillists is better. We're
hoping we'll get some more funding from somewhere...

> I notice the create new ticket web form has no 4.4.00, 1.3.0 (or
> 2.8ucl1.3.0), "SVN trunk" and "mpeg4 SVN branch" for the version field,
> perhaps there ought to be?

Good point - I've added them now. I'm also planning to merge the mpeg4
branch into the mainline so we won't need to keep the mpeg brach for
much longer.

Thanks,

Piers